ANGEL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
A Unit of The Angel Foundation
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to live forever.”
The Education Development and Vocational training arm of the 1 Year old training provider in institute/college. Under the angel community college we are establishing skill development centers where vocational courses as well as advanced Angel foundation proprietary courses assigned keeping in mind the needs of today’s as well as tomorrow’s dynamic job market.
- To provide Secondary Education, Higher Secondary Education, Management and Technical Diploma Courses to those belonging to disadvantaged groups (e.g. the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Socially and Educationally disadvantaged classes and other socially, culturally, economically, geographically weaker sections of the society, or such other factors as may be specified / notified appropriately by the Government) and people belonging to weaker sections who are not able to get education in the normal course of life.
- To provide the best possible teaching and learning environment to the students, so that they can serve the Society effectively with dignity.
- To provide individualized study with flexibility in terms of place and duration.
- To identify educational needs of the children/persons of the State who are otherwise not catered to by the formal system of school education and to open study/academic centres.
- To provide opportunities in School Education and Skill Development through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
- To identify and promote approved standards of learning in Open and Distance Learning system.
- To design and develop courses, self-instructional materials (SIM) and other learning support for the courses identified at different points of time.
- To organize orientation and training programmes for the functionaries of the open schooling system in the country, to evolve strategies for curriculum development, instructional procedures etc.
- To undertake and coordinate educational and research programmes with the suggestions of the State government(s) concerned.
- To establish contacts with international agencies in the field of education, especially school education, for keeping acquainted with the latest trends in curriculum development, material production, media use for dissemination etc.
- To establish links with other examining bodies with special focus on Asian countries.
- To collaborate with other agencies within and outside the state for developing and delivering skill oriented courses of study.
- To promote and publicize open schooling programmes and distance education activities in the country.
- To maintain standards and equivalence with formal education system, while ensuring flexible characteristics of Open and Distance Learning System.
- To serve as an agency for effective dissemination of information related to open learning and distance education.